Posted at 4:30 p.m.
The National Weather Service is expecting lighter precipitation this afternoon, but a second wave of freezing rain is expected overnight, which could lead to hazardous driving conditions in the morning. Substantial ice glazing is expected, which could cause power outages and associated problems.
Even a small amount of ice on walkways and driveways can lead to slips, trips and falls, which often lead to serious sprain and strain injuries. Our Risk Management Division recommends these safety tips if you have to be outside in today’s icy weather:
- Slow down and watch where you walk. Walk slowly and deliberately.
- Use handrails when you can.
- Keep your hands out of your pockets; you need to have both hands free for balance.
- Concentrate on what you’re doing – avoid texting or using your cellphone until you are inside a building.
- Make sure you are wearing appropriate footwear. Flat footwear…
View original post 412 more words